Innovative medical products – from raw materials to the end product
Expertise in manufacturing medical implants and their pre-products along the entire development and production chain. Beginning with the polymer, and ranging through mono- and multifilaments to the end product in the form of textile structures, injection-moulded parts, foils and membranes.
Top-grade articles that are developed at ITVP on behalf of medical device manufacturers and produced in OEM manufacturing, are used worldwide; for example, as sutures, meshes or tapes, foils and membranes for wound closure, vascular prostheses and as stents for trachea and esophagus. The development and production of medical products is certified according to ISO 13485 and takes place in clean rooms of class ISO 8. Medical products are approved through the commissioned client, not through the ITVP.
Medical-grade glycolide (GL) is an important monomer for absorbable polymers.
ITV Denkendorf Product Service GmbH offers glycolide in the purest quality for the production of medical products. Deliverable in packages of 1 kg, 5 kg, 10 kg or in special sizes.
Based on the monomer glycolide (GL), L- and DL-lactide, trimethylene carbonate (TMC) and caprolactone (CL), the available polymers cover the entire spectrum regarding degradation and mechanical properties. Deliverable as flakes or granulate.
- Homopolymers of PGA, PLLA and PCL
- Statistical copolymers in amorphous and partially crystalline embodiments, such as LDL7030, GL9010, LG9010 etc.
- Short- and long-term absorbable block copolymers of the type ABA with hard segments (A) of PGA, PLLA and PCL with amorphous copolymer-soft segment structures (B)
Customer-taiored, absorbable polymers can be manufactured as homopolymers, statistical or block copolymers, on the basis of glycolide, lactide, caprolactone or trimethylene carbonate.
Take advantage of our 30 years of experience in developing and manufacturing resorbable polymers to be processed into medical products. We would be glad to advise you.
Yarns and braids for use as sutures, for the production of tapes and vascular prostheses, and as components of other medical products. Absorbable yarns and braids are available either uncolored or in violet (D&C Violet No. 2).
- non-absorbable PET yarns (colorless or black)
- short-to-mid-term absorbable PGA and PGLA yarns and braids
- long-term absorbable high-strength PCL and PLLA yarns and braids
Absorbable monofilaments for use as sutures and in the manufacture of surgical mesh as well as braided stent structures. Available uncolored or in violet (D&C Violet No. 2) in all current USP sizes.
- mid-term absorbable PDO monofilaments, violet and uncolored, with excellent degradation profile
- short- or long-term absorbable monofilaments with block copolymer structure, based on glycolide or lactide as well as caprolactone
- amorphous LDL7030 monofilaments for fixation of bone fragments and fixation of scaffolds in regenerative medicine
Warp knitted textile medical products
- warp knitted, absorbable and non-absorbable hernia mesh of e.g. PGA, PGLA, PCL or of polypropylene as well as of polyethylene terephthalate
- warp knitted vascular prosthesis blanks
- 3D warp knitted fabrics
Woven textile medical products
- absorbable and non-absorbable tapes
- textile weaves for anulus closure
- woven vascular prosthesis blanks
Braided medical products
- resorbable and non-resorbable sutures
- tubular braided stents
Non-woven structures with fiber diameter of μm area (1 - 20 μm) up to nm area (100 - 500 nm) are possible:
- spun-bounded non-woven
- melt-blow non-woven
- electrospun non-woven
- centrifuge spun non-woven
- absorbable non-woven for regenerative medicine (e.g. for cartilage replacement)
Take advantage of our decades of experience in developing and producing textile implants.
Foils and membranes are manufactured in clean rooms of ISO class 8, e.g., Specially developed absorbable foils for adhesion prophylaxis as well as absorbable membranes for treating severe burn patients.
Tubular hollow fibers of absorbable and non-absorbable polymers are manufactured using phase inversion technique and, for example, used for nerve regeneration.
Individual development and production of custom foils and membranes for special indications is possible.
The standard products (USP 4-0 to USP 2) possess a bi-directional arrangement of the barbs for bilateral needling. If the client desires, uni-directional embodiments with a loop or another anchor can be developed and manufactured.
Besides their application as knotless suture material for wound closure, these devices can be used as a lift in cosmetic surgery and for the fixation of other implants.
- permanently made from PBT
- short-term absorbable from glycolide-based block copolymer
- mid-term absorbable from uncolored PDO with extended degradation profile